BODY&SOUL MARKETING INTERN
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, creative and well-connected sector leaders on a campaign that will attract huge attention, in Ireland and internationally. The Body&Soul marketing intern works across three major events in the Irish and UK music calendars and contributes to the broader brand marketing of the organisations.
We’re looking for a savvy and enthusiastic junior marketer to join our team as a Marketing Intern between January and September in our Dublin office. Initially part time, you’ll become a full time member of the team as the event draws closer.
We’re looking for someone who has drive, ambition, creative flair and a passion for music, festivals and events.
Body&Soul internships are competitive and a valuable asset in a career search. Our website contains testimonials by previous interns who credit their experience with Body&Soul with their continued work across various sectors. Internships are managed by department heads who are sector leaders and well connected in the events and festival industry, who value the hard work and dedication of our interns.
The Marketing Intern will assist the Head of Marketing & Sponsorship and the festival’s publicity firm in delivering a robust marketing campaign for Body&Soul 2017. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the intern will be provided with training and resources to allow them to excel at tasks assigned. The marketing intern will work December – September 2017 with various festival departments throughout the contract period and will work from the festival site for at least one week in advance of the festival.
- Strong interest in festivals and arts marketing, preferably with an interest in pursuing a career in arts/music marketing
- Skilled copywriter with the ability to communicate to diverse audiences across multiple platforms on myriad topics
- Digitally savvy and ahead of the curve on all digital and social opportunities
- Proven experience in engaging content creation
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal skills are essential as the position requires preparing information on the brand for newsletters, social media and other key stakeholders.
- Fluent in English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendars, Dropbox
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment and off-site on content creation
Preferred skills but not essential:
- A background in content creation and digital media
- Experience proofing printed collateral (brochures, flyers, programmes)
- Experience in a similar organisation or film festival
- Experience maintaining a CRM / website
- Experience managing databases of information
- Experience managing print and print production for major marketing campaigns
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Website maintenance and copywriting for website
- Social media content implementation
- Day to day implementation of digital marketing strategy
- Management of print production in lead up to festival
- Act as liaison with the designer, PR company and printers to prepare and produce marketing materials to deadline
- Act as liaison between marketing team and agents, managers, curators, collectives and performers
- Co-ordinating the distribution of marketing materials
- Manage competitions for tickets across multiple platforms
- Manage deadlines on multiple projects
- Place and track online advertising
- Assist in coordinating launch events, press days including co-ordination of social media, website, newsletters
- Collation of materials to support PR campaign and regular updating of media online
- Perform market research through surveys and interviews
- Proof-reading copy
- Assist in preparation of all on-site print materials, schedules and information guides
- Assist in preparation of schedules, timetables and maps
- Managing and responding to information requests
- Research sponsorship and funding avenues
Terms and conditions of the role:
- Position based in our Dublin city centre office.
- Position is 4 days per week – our normal working day is 9.30am-5.30pm, with the exception of the festival period when extra hours may be required to support the workload.
- For a week before and two days after festival the marketing intern will be based on site in preparation for the event. The intern will also join the team at Electric Picnic in advance and after the festival. Accommodation and all meals are provided at both locations.
We are committed to providing the necessary support and resources for carrying out the position. Monthly expenses relating to the position will be paid by the company.