This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, professional, creative and well-connected sector leaders on a digital and Ireland and internationally. Working closely with the Body&Soul team, the digital marketing internship is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the largest arts marketing campaigns in the calendar and create engaging content that gets shared.
We’re looking for a savvy and enthusiastic digital native to join our team as a Digital Marketing Intern between February – August 2017 in our Dublin office. Initially part time, you’ll become a full time member of the team as the event draws closer. We’re looking for someone who has drive, ambition, creative flair and a passion for music, festivals and events. The digital marketing intern will brainstorm, create and distribute engaging content across social media and work with our partners to strengthen Body&Soul’s digital presence. Body&Soul internships are competitive and a valuable asset in a career search. Our website contains testimonials by previous interns who credit their experience with Body&Soul with their continued work across various sectors. Internships are managed by department heads who are sector leaders and well connected in the events and festival industry, who value the hard work and dedication of our interns.
The Digital Marketing Intern will assist the Head of Marketing & Sponsorship and the festival’s publicity firm in creating content and working across digital and social channels as part of the marketing campaign for Body&Soul 2017.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the intern will be provided with training and resources to allow them to excel at tasks assigned. The marketing intern will work with various festival departments throughout the contract period and will work from the festival site for at least one week in advance of the festival.
- Strong interest in festivals and arts marketing, preferably with an interest in pursuing a career in arts/music marketing
- Digitally savvy and ahead of the curve on all digital and social opportunities
- A digital native, with personal or professional presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
- Proven experience in devising and creating engaging social content
- Excellent visual communication skills
- Experience using Photoshop and other image/graphic software
- A detailed knowledge of the tools available to create social content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendars, Dropbox
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment and off-site on content creation
Preferred skills but not essential
- A background in content creation and digital media
- Experience as an admin across brand or professional social media accounts
- Experience in a similar organisation or film festival
- Experience maintaining a CRM / website
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Website content creation
- Social media content creation
- Day to day implementation of digital marketing strategy
- Utilising assets for new digital marketing tools
- Maintaining a strong presence across all social media channels and preparing content with various departments for these channels
- Prepare and produce marketing materials to deadline
- Assist marketing department with content creation for engaging email newsletters with strong CTAs
- Manage deadlines on multiple projects
- Assist in coordinating content for launch events, press days including co-ordination of social media, website, newsletters
- Managing and responding to information requests
Terms and conditions of the role:
- Position based in our Dublin city centre office.
- Position is 4 days per week – our normal working day is 9.30am-5.30pm, with the exception of the festival period when extra hours may be required to support the workload.
- For a week before and two days after festival the marketing intern will be based on site in preparation for the event. The intern will also join the team at Electric Picnic in advance and after the festival. Accommodation and all meals are provided at both locations.
- We are committed to providing the necessary support and resources for carrying out the position.
- Monthly expenses relating to the position will be paid by the company.